Happy Monday everyone!
I know there are a ton of articles out there about ways to save on your wedding (limit your guestlist, skip the late night station etc). These are great resources however I thought I would share a few simple saving tips with you in another capacity. Finances is something many couples stress about at various times and especially when planning a big occasion like a wedding but that takes away from the excitement a little bit, doesn’t it?
Here are some easy tips you can implement into to your routine to save some cash and enjoy an awesome day with your friends and family!
1. Make your own coffee or tea. This is a big one! Let’s say you buy a cup of coffee 4 days a week at $2 per cup, that’s $32 a month, $384 a year. This number is easily increased if you consider lattes, frappucinos, cookies etc. Even cutting that in half, will save you quite a bit.
2. Get creative with your date night. Find a new recipe to cook together at home, plan a game night with another couple. Go for a walk in a new neighbourhood and pack a treat to enjoy along the way. There are so many things you can do without going out for dinner or spending on expensive activities.
3. Use a piggy bank. This one might sound a little silly and is trickier now that we use cards so often but those that use cash are much more conscious of their spending. Keeping your loose change in a piggy bank can add up quickly over the course of one year.
4. Get rid of clutter. There are so many great ways to consign items (in store and online). Why not make a few bucks on items that are just taking up space and not being used?
5. Pick something to DIY. We all splurge on something – getting our nails done, weekly visits to the car wash, dessert from the corner bakery. These are all things you can do yourself!
A big part of saving is planning ahead. Take those few extra minutes to prepare and enjoy the benefits!
*Photo of L&R taken by David + Kara Wedding Photography