Planning an engagement party can be a little overwhelming – but mostly exciting! This is one of the first big moments of the wedding planning process and a chance to share your big news with the important people in your life.
Not everyone chooses to have an engagement party but for those who have decided to, we are sharing a few tips to keep in mind while planning!
1. Work as a team. With the shifts in traditions, the engagement party duties no longer have to be left up to one host. Work together with a few close friends or family members to assign tasks and bring together an event without all the stress!
If you have the budget, hire an event planner; leaving it up to the pros to make it all happen leaves more time for other things on life’s to-do list!
2. Choose a style and/or color scheme. This applies to every celebration; big or small. Having a vision to guide you helps all the details come together much easier.
3. Determine a budget. Whether it is a large or small affair, things add up quickly and you don’t want to feel bad about the money you’ve spent when it is all over. Choose a number you are comfortable with and look up some creative projects you can work on.
Regardless of your budget, if you’re surrounded by the ones you love, you’re be sure to have an amazing party!
4. Put together an invitation list. Even if you are planning a casual dinner or cocktail hour be sure to have a guest list and send invitations. This will help keep things organized and will make the event that much more special.
*Keep in mind – those invited to your engagement party should also be invited to your wedding.
Not sure who to invite? Keep it intimate and simple with only your closest friends and family.
5. ENJOY! This is your first party as an engaged couple. Wear something that makes you feel extra special and enjoy celebrating!